Thursday 28 February 2013

animated features

As part of semester 1 we had to chose a film in pairs to research and present to the rest of the class. it was to get us thinking about the film as whole. How each part comes together and who is responsible and how they achieved it. My partner and I chose to do the Legend of the Guardians. A film I enjoyed and I knew a lot of people in my class hadn't seen it.

here are some images from my sketchbook:

 


The reason I chose it was because although it was beautifully stunning and some of the animation was amazing I felt that it was a difficult film to connect with and the story was not as strong as it could have been, which lead to a lot of debate and divide in my class. Some loved it and some hated it.

http://wwws.warnerbros.co.uk/legendoftheguardians/dvd/

For this project we actually contacted one of the animators who worked on this piece to ask him some questions specifically about the animation and what it was like working on the piece. We got some really good responses from him. He told us what it was like to work on a film like this and what it was like animating the characters.

No comments:

Post a Comment